County Board Meeting
A meeting of the Kerry County Committee was held last Monday night in the Pavilion, Austin Stack Park Tralee.
- Motions for the upcoming Congress were discussed in detail. Congress is on next Friday and Saturday in Croke Park. All motions can be downloaded from the GAA website. A new President will be elected on Friday night. The candidates in the running are Jim Bolger, Jarlath Burns, Larry McCarthy, Jerry O’Sullivan and Mick Rock.
- Paddy Fogarty from Waterville was congratulated on his recent milestone birthday and he is now in his 47th year as County Board Delegate
- A vote of sympathy was expressed for the late Máire Bean Uí Ainiféin (mother of County Board Delegate Tomás)
- The U20 Hurling Management Team was ratified – Manager Fintan O’Connor along with John Griffin, Michael Kelliher and Dermot Ryan
- The Chairman congratulated Tralee CBS on winning the Corn Uí Mhuirí
- The Chairman acknowledged the hard-work and commitment shown by John Joe O’Carroll during his time as Central Council Delegate. John Joe was an excellent Officer and will be missed from the Executive
- Pádraig Ó Feirtéar spoke to the Delegates about the Gaeltacht Scholarship programme and Cultural Officer Christy Killeen distributed the forms to the District Secretaries.