fb twitter yt

SENIOR FOOTBALL COUNTY FOOTBALL LEAGUE Div 5 Round 4 2014-05-03 10:38:00

Ballydonoghue 4-21 Laune Rangers "B" 2-02
Ballydonoghue were much too strong for a depleted Laune Rangers B side and the game was nothing more than a training exercise from a Ballydonoughue point of view. 
Ballydonoghue led by (1-8) at the end of the first quarter and, even at this stage, the game looked well beyond Laune Rangers reach, although they did pull a goal back before half time from Colin O'Dwyer. Half time score Ballydonoghue (2-13) L.Rangers (1-00). 

Ballydonoghue emptied their bench after half time, but things didn't improve for Laune Rangers, with the only bright spark for them an absolute cracking goal from their main threat Colin O'Dwyer. Meanwhile, Ballydonoghue found the net on two more occasions, one apiece from Damien O'Carroll and Gearoid Kissane. Final score Ballydonoghue (4-21) Laune Rangers (2-02).

Tuosist 2-09 Dr. Crokes "B" 2-09

Playing at home, Tuosist almost defeated a fancied promotion contenders Dr. Crokes "B" in a very competitive encounter, but will rue a number of easy scoring opportunities that got away over the duration of the game. All the goals came during a ding-dong opening half, with Liam O’Shea and Stephen O’Sullivan grabbing Tuosist’s double, with Man of the Match Tony Brosnan on the mark for Dr. Crokes. The home sides remaining scores came from: Flor O’Sullivan, 2pts and Stephen O’Sullivan,(2f), Mike Tim O’Sullivan, Thomas Harrington, Liam O Shea, Mike Pat P Sullivan 1pt each. Overall, the home side felt that they should have collected both County League points, but in fairness, a draw was after all a fair result.

Kilgarvan 1-9 Duagh 0-13

Duagh travelled to Kilgarvan on Saturday evening short a number of their regulars , which included County star Anthony Maher and, despite this, got off to the better start leading four points to no score after ten minutes. However, in the 12th minute, Kilgarvan scored the only goal of the game by Con Godfrey. It was score for score going in at half time. Kilgarvan led 1-06 to 0-07. 

All the way through the second half, it was a tightly fought game, but Tuosist will rue some scoring opportunities that went a begging, but with Jason Carmody outstanding for Duagh, the game’s top scorer with 7points, and a great point by Kieran Quirke saw the visitors edge out a very determined home side and finished a point ahead at the final whistle. 
Final score Duagh 0-13 to Kilgarvan 1-9
Best for Kilgarvan - John Mark Foley, Jeremiah Kelliher, Patrick O Shea, Con Godfrey.
Best for Duagh - Kieran Quirke, Jason Carmody, Nigel O Connor and Denis Lane.

Florence O Donoghue, Davy O Connor, Patrick O Sullivan, Florence O’Sullivan, John M Foley, Jeremiah Kelliher, Timmy Healy, Connie Cremin (0-01), Con Godfrey(1-02), Sean Godfrey, Kevin O’Connor, Donal G O’Sullivan, Patrick Shea (0-03), Keith Harrington, Kieran D O’ Sullivan (0-03).

Duagh: Kieran Quirke (0-01), Tomas Scanlon (0-01), Jer McCarthy (0-02), Jason Carmody (0-07), Nigel O Connor (0-02).

Renard 0-14, Sneem / Derrynane 0-08 

Renard hosted Sneem / Derrynane this weekend 3rd May and made a great start to the
game, with Brian O'Sullivan putting away two early frees and was set up for two further scores by Conor O'Leary and Robert Wharton who, started where he left off in the Novice last weekend. Ian Galvin, who was the main treat for Sneem/Derrynane, pointed a long range point. Daragh Fitzgerald added a point before Conor O'Leary broke through Sneem/Derrynane defense for a Renard point. Brian O'Sullivan added another free for Renard and Sneem/Derrynane responded with frees from Morgan O'Donoghue and Ian Galvin, who soon added another point. Mark Sugrue came on for Conor O'Leary, who was black carded, and Renard responded with a pin point pass from Maurice O'Neill, finding Daragh Fitzgerald who sent the side in at half time Renard 0-08 Sneem/Derrynane 0-04.

The second half started brightly for Sneem/Derrynane, with Ian Galvinpointing and soon after hit the Renard post, which would have brought the sides level. The game then became stop start with three long stoppages throughout this half, with the referee playing six minutes extra time. Brian O'Sullivan and Ian Galvin again exchanged points, before Reenard were to have a goal chance saved on the line. Morgan O'Donoghue answered back with a point for Sneem/Derrynane to bring them within two points, but Renard were to answer back, with points from Shane O'Sullivan and Robert Wharton. Ian Galvin, with his never say die attitude, pointed again for Sneem/Derrynane, but it was not to be enough as Patrick Curran and Maurice O'Neill and the ever reliable free from Brian O'Sullivan, gave Renard the twopoints. Renard 0-14 Sneem/Derrynane 0-08.

Teams: Renard: Alan Egan, Sean Coffey, Brian Curran, Fionan Kissane, Eoghan McCrohan, Dermot O'Sullivan, Kevin Curran, Shane O'Sullivan, Maurice O'Neill, 1pt, Robert Wharton, 1pt, Brian O'Sullivan, 7pts, (4f), Conor O'Leary, 1pt, Daragh Fitzgerald, 2pts, Cian McCrohan, Padraig Casey.
Subs: Mark Sugrue for Conor O'Leary, Alan Curran for Brian Curran, Patrick Curran, 1pt for Daragh Fitzgerald, Kieran O'Sullivan for Brian O'Sullivan, Kevin Kelly for Robert Wharton.

Sneem/Derrynane: Barry Clifford, Shane McGillycuddy, David McGillycuddy, Kevin O'Sullivan, Raymond White, Michael O'Neill David Drummond, Michael O'Connor, Sean Cremin, David O'Sullivan, Ian Galvin, 6pts. (2f), Donal Murphy, Donal Galvin, Morgan O'Donoghue, 2pts. Eric Burns.