fb twitter yt

ARDFERT 1-10 ST.PATS 1-13 2017-07-10 23:42:00

Ardfert 1 - 10              St. Pats    1 - 13.

This game was played in Ardfert on Saturday evening.  Conditions were perfect with a breeze in the first half, which had faded away before half time.  The game was played at a fast pace with both teams very even.  Ardfert made a better start and led after the first quarter by three points to one.  Scores were from Cian Hussey, Kevin Shanahan and a free from John Egan.  Willie Hurley scored the St. Pats point. The second quarter was frantic with ten scores.  St. Pats levelled the match through points from Brendan Savage and Willie Hurley.  John Egan then put Ardfert ahead with two points, one from a free.  St. Pats’ David O'Callaghan burst through the Ardfert defence and was fouled and he scored from the free. Luke Mulligan then added another point. The game was now a draw.  Ardfert attacked from the kick out and, following a great run by Trevor Wallace, Paudie Carroll sent the ball to the St. Pats net.  This lead was short lived, however, as Willie Hurley had the ball in the Ardfert net within minutes.  Ardfert’s Bobby O'Regan and St. Pats’ Jordan Conway scored to leave the teams level at half time:  Ardfert 1-06 St. Pats 1-06.   David O'Callaghan was replaced by Eoghan Greaney during this half and Bobby O'Regan replaced Darren Dineen.

St. Pats enjoyed a very good third quarter and were two points ahead. Two frees from Willie Hurley and two great points from Liam O'Sullivan, who put in a great performance for St. Pats.  David Griffin and John Egan scored for Ardfert.   The home side introduced Cillian Woulfe for Jerry Wallace and Damien Wallace for Shane Griffin, while Sean Dowling replaced Brendan Savage for St. Pats.  St. Pats added a further point from a free by Willie Hurley, following a great run by Jordan Conway.  He intercepted the ball and ran the length of the field before he was fouled.  This gave them a three points lead and control of the game.  David Griffin and Paudie Carroll got Ardfert’s last points, while Willie Hurley added another from a free kick and Eoghan Greaney got the final score for St. Pats.   Final score: Ardfert 1-10 St. Pats 1-13.   Ardfert introduced Eoin McElligott and Kieran Fitzgerald in the final quarter.  Best for Ardfert were Kevin Shanahan and Trevor Wallace.  Best for St. Pats Liam O'Sullivan and Willie Hurley.

Ardfert. N O'Sullivan, T Wallace, R Horgan, M Moloney, E Courtney, D Dineen, E Leen, K Shanahan(.01), J Wallace, P Carroll(1-01), D Griffin(.02), F Horgan, S Griffin, C Hussey(.01), J Egan(.04-2f). Subs B O'Regan (.01), C Woulfe, D Wallace, E McElligott, K Fitzgerald.

St. Pats. P Bailey, J Conway(.01), K O'Sullivan, T Lynch, K Dwyer, L Mulligan(.01), J Foley, P McMahon, K O'Shea, L O'Sullivan(.02), D O'Callaghan(.01f), B Poff, B Savage(.01), G Savage, W Hurley(1-06-4f). Subs E Greaney(.01), S Dowling.

Referee Brendan Griffin, Clounmacon