fb twitter yt

DAINGEAN UI CHUIS 0-12 KERINS O RAHILLYS 0-11 2017-07-10 22:47:00

Daingean Uí Chúis 0-12 to Ceirín Ó Raithille 0-11

Well it was a really happy St. Patrick’s weekend in Páirc an Ághasaigh for Dingle in this opening game of the Credit Union Senior Football League 2017 Division 1 against Kerins O’Rahillys. . In a closely fought game, it was Dingle that claimed the first two points of the County League with a one point win against Kerins O’Rahillys, Dingle 0-12 to 0-11 Kerins O’Rahillys,

Tommy Walsh opened the scoring with a pointed free for Kerins O’Rahillys.  Dingle responded with a pointed free from Mikey Boland and points from play from Darragh O’Sullivan and Mikey Boland again to leave the score after 15 minutes of play in the first half, Dingle 0-03 to Kerins O’Rahillys 0-01.  Kerins O’Rahillys levelled the game with two points from play, from Cian Sayers and Tommy Walsh. Dingle reclaimed the lead with a pointed free from Tomás Sheehy. Rory Molloy put Kerins O’Rahillys one up, with a point from play and, just before Referee Billy O’Shea blew the half time whistle, Brian Devane levelled the game with a fine point from play for Dingle.

Half time score:   Dingle 0-05 to Kerins O’Rahillys 0-05.

Tommy Walsh opened the scoring in the second half with a point from play for Kerins O’Rahillys. Mikey Boland levelled the game for Dingle with a pointed free. Points from play from Tomás Sheehy and Brian Devane gave Dingle a two point lead, but Kerins O’Rahillys responded with points from frees from Tommy Walsh and Gearoid Savage and a point from play from Kieran O’Mahony to leave the score, with 15 minutes gone in the second half, Dingle 0-09 to Kerins O’Rahillys 0-09.

The turning point of the game came when Kerins O’Rahillys were awarded a penalty. Dingle keeper Gavin H Curran saved the resulting spot kick from Kieran O’Mahony. Dingle broke up the field and Tommy B Brosnan kicked a fine point from play, to put Dingle one up.  Liam Brosnan kicked a point from a free for Dingle, but this was cancelled out through a pointed free from Tommy Walsh for Kerins O’Rahillys.  Kieran O’Mahony levelled the game with a point from play for Kerins O’Rahillys and it looked like both teams would share the spoils.   This was not to be as Dingle won a free kick about forty yards out from the Kerins O’Rahillys goal and substitute Mark Evans kicked the ball over the bar, to put Dingle one up in injury time.  Kerins O’Rahillys broke up- field and should definitely have levelled the game again, or even snatched a late winner, but Gavin H Curran saved brilliantly from a Rory Molloy shot.  When Referee Billy O’Shea blew the full time whistle, the scoreboard read Dingle 0-12 to Kerins O’Rahillys 0-11.

Dingle: Gavin H Ó Corráin, Mícheál Ó Flannúra, Conor Ó Súilleabháin, Pádraig Ó Conchúir, Seán B. Ó Brosnacháin, Aodhán Ó Conchúir, Tomás B. Ó Brosnacháin (0-01), Dara Ó Súilleabháin (0-01), Mícheál Ó Slatara, Pól Ó Dubháin Brian Ó Dubháin (0-02), Pádraig Mac a’ tSithigh, Tomás Mac a’ tSithigh (0-02, 1fr), Gareth Hicí Ó Brosnacháin (0-01), Mícheál Ó Beolain (0-03, 2fr)) Fir Ionaid: Liam Ó Brosnacháin (0-01, 1fr), Mark Evans (0-01, 1fr)

Kerins O’Rahillys:   Gary Kissane, Danny O’Sullivan, Shane Brosnan, David Murphy, Tommy Begley, Ross O’Callaghan, Karl Mullins, Con Barrett, Diarmuid O’Sullivan, Cian Sayers (0-01), Tommy Walsh (0-05, 3fr), Tom Hoare, Gearoid Savage (0-02, 2fr), Kieran O’Mahony (0-02), Rory Molloy (0-01)