fb twitter yt

DAINGEAN UI CHUIS 0-18 TEMPLENOE 4-06 2017-07-10 22:10:00

Daingean Uí Chúis 0-18     Templenoe 4-06

Templenoe made the long journey up to Páirc an Ághasaigh all the more worthwhile by sharing the points with the home side, Dingle 0-18 to Templenoe 4-06.  Played in wonderful sunny conditions, the faithful supporters of both sides will be happy with a valuable County League point each.

Dingle started the scoring with a pointed free from Liam Brosnan.  Templenoe responded with a goal from Denis O’Neill.  Two points from frees from Liam Brosnan and Mikey Boland had Dingle level after five minutes.  Templenoe went in front from a Brian Crowley point from play and a Stephen O’Sullivan point from a free kick.  Dingle drew level and then went ahead with points from play from Gareth Hickey Brosnan, Liam Brosnan and Aidan O’Connor.  Templenoe drew level with a point from play from the boot of Denis O’Neill and went ahead through a free kick from Stephen O’Sullivan. Three points from free kicks from Liam Brosnan, Mikey Boland and Tomás Sheehy put Dingle two up and when Referee Billy O’Shea blew the whistle for halftime the scoreboard in Páirc an Ághasaigh read, Dingle 0-09 to Templenoe 1-04.

Dingle started the scoring after the restart with points from play from Tomás Sheehy and Gareth Hickey Brosnan.  Templenoe responded with a Brian Crowley goal, to leave them one point behind.  Mikey Boland, with a point from a free kick, extended Dingle’s lead to two.  A Stephen O’Sullivan point from play brought Templenoe back to a one point deficit an,d when midfielder Josh Crowley-Holland kicked Templenoe’s third goal, they went two up with 15 minutes of play left.  Dingle responded with a Mikey Boland point from play, to leave them one behind and Dingle keeper Gavin H Curran levelled the game with a point from a 45.  Templenoe were awarded a penalty and Brian Crowley made no mistake, when he scored his second goal and Templenoe’s fourth goal from the penalty spot to put them three points clear of Dingle with five minutes of play left.  A pointed free from Mikey Boland left Dingle two behind, but Templenoe responded with a point from play through Brian Crowley, to restore their lead to three points.  Dingle levelled the game with points from play from Tomás Sheehy and two pointed frees from Liam Brosnan and, when Referee Billy O’Shea blew the whistle for fulltime, the scoreboard in Páirc an Ághasaigh read Dingle 0-18 to Templenoe 4-06.

Daingean Uí Chúis: Gavin H. Ó Corráin (0-1, 1fr), Mícheál Ó Flannúra, Conor Ó Súilleabháin, Seán B. Ó Brosnacháin, Aodhán Ó Conchúir (0-1), Pádraig Ó Conchúir, Tom B. Ó Brosnacháin, Dara Ó Súilleabháin, Liam Ó Conchúir, Mícheál Ó Beolain (0-5, 4fr), Gareth Hicí Ó Brosnacháin (0-2), Pádraig Mac a’ tSithigh, Tomás Mac a’ tSithigh (0-3, 2fr), Liam Ó Brosnacháin (0-6, 1fr), Brian Ó Conaill

Templenoe: Anthony Sheehan, Mike Hallissey, Kieran O’Neill, Jonathan Egan, Will Sheehy, Danny Cahalane, Kieran McCarthy, Seán Sheehan, Josh Crowley-Holland (1-0), Pat Spillane, Teddy Doyle, John Rice, Brian Crowley (2-2, 1pen)), Stephen O’Sullivan (0-3,2fr), Denis O’Neill (1-1)