GAA MacNamee Awards
The GAA MacNamee Awards are held annually to honour excellence in the area of communications, public relations and journalism, specifically related to the activities of the Association. These Awards are named after the late Pádraig MacNamee, former President of the GAA, Chairman of the GAA Commission (1969-1971) and member of RTÉ authority. Applications for the 2019 MacNamee Awards are now being accepted. It should be noted that only work published or completed in the 2019 calendar year is eligible for consideration and entries will not be returned. The awards scheme will be judged under the following headings:
· Best GAA Publication (To cover general works focusing on the Association).
· Best GAA Club Publication (To cover GAA County Yearbooks and Club History).
· Best GAA Website (Acknowledgement for the best Club or County website, taking into consideration design, content and usefulness to members).
· Best New Media - Award for a Club, County or Province’s use of digital channels or own created content (video, podcasts, newsletter, other) to present a story or activity online.
· Best Photograph (Focusing on the best GAA-themed image).
· Best Programme (To cater for all match day programmes produced for any level of the GAA).
· Best GAA related Radio Programme (To cater for all GAA programming broadcast either nationally or locally)
· Irish Language Award / Gradam na Gaeilge (To recognise excellence in the field of Irish language GAA journalism across all media/Aitheantas ar ardchaighdeán iriseoireachta Gaeilge bainteach le cúrsaí CLG, ina chuimsítear gach cineál meán cumarsáide).
* Please note: There is a limit of three photographs per entrant for the photographic award and one entry for all other categories.
All entries should be marked “GAA MacNamee Awards 2019” and addressed for the attention of Alan Milton, Director of Communications, Croke Park, Dublin 3 or emailed to email@example.com . Entrants should also clearly state what category they are submitting their entry under. Award winners will be contacted in due course with further details in relation to the awards banquet. Closing date for entries is Friday, 03/01/20. For further information please contact Alan Milton, Director of Communications, Croke Park on 01 8658612