Job Vacancy - Games Development Administrator
Games Development Administrator – Kerry G.A.A
Kerry GAA, in conjunction with Comhairle na Mumhan C.L.G (Munster GAA), is now seeking applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Football Games Development Administrator.
The role holder will be responsible for the implementation of GAA Games Development Policy and for supporting the development of strategies in the County.
The Games Development Administrator will also be responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of a coherent high-performance programme across all areas of games development in the County.
The successful candidate will report on a day-to-day basis to the County Kerry Games Development Manager and will have a secondary reporting relationship with the Munster GAA Provincial Games Development Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities shall include:
• Implement a regular programme of games appropriate to the age and ability of the various playing groups at all levels;
• Introduce coaching and skill development initiatives appropriate to the age and ability of the various playing groups at all levels;
• Support Primary Schools, Post Primary Schools and Clubs through coaching inputs and strategic support;
• Deliver a programme of courses and workshops appropriate to the requirements of Coaches, Administrators and Referees, which allows them to fulfil their various functions in a Games Development context;
• Introduce and implement a variety of initiatives to support the development of a sustainable sports system by managing the identification, recruitment and training of key personnel within Clubs, Schools and Counties for the purpose of effectively developing Gaelic Games in the community;
• Work as part of a team, in conjunction with other full time and voluntary personnel, in order to deliver set goals and objectives for all GAA sports;
• The role holder will also be required to undertake any other responsibilities or duties as may reasonably assigned by his/her manager.
• At least 5 years’ experience of working in the GAA or similar sporting organisation (Voluntary or Professional Capacity);
• Considerable knowledge and experience of GAA coaching and development schemes and initiatives;
• A minimum Foundation Award GAA Coaching Qualification;
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrable ability to build and sustain positive working relationships with a variety of stakeholders;
• Exceptional communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills;
• Strong work ethic and ability to perform duties to an extremely high standard and meet targets;
• Strong organisation and problem-solving skills with a demonstrable ability to work in high-pressure situations;
• Strong teamwork skills;
• Excellent administrative and IT Skills.
• An appropriate Third Level Qualification would be a distinct advantage;
• Award 1 GAA Coaching Qualification.
• Full clean driver’s licence.
Please note this role is subject to Garda Vetting.
Candidates interested in the above role should apply with an up to date cover note and Curriculum Vitae before 3pm on Friday, 1st November.
Please note that applications will only be accepted through the link on jobs.ie
Kerry GAA is an equal opportunities employer