Pain To Performance Workshop
Kerry GAA, in conjunction with The Bon Secours Hospital, are delighted to welcome the world renowned applied sports scientist and S&C Coach, Professor Tim Gabbett, to deliver a cutting edge performance workshop, entitled "Pain to Performance”. This event will take place in ITT on Thursday October 3rd from 6.30 - 9.30pm.
This interactive workshop will focus on the monitoring of training loads for injury prevention. It is ideally suited for Coaches, Athletes, Physiotherapists, S&C Coaches and Teachers. Key themes will include:
- The development of a greater understanding of load management
- How to prescribe and monitor athlete training loads for injury prevention and improved athletic performance
- Practical approach to interpreting data
Professor Tim Gabbett has 25 years’ experience working as an applied sport scientist with athletes and coaches from a wide range of sports. He holds a PhD in Human Physiology and has completed a second PhD in Applied Sport Science, with special reference to physical demands, injury prevention, and skill acquisition. Tim has published over 250 peer-reviewed articles and has presented at over 400 national and international conferences. Tim has worked with numerous professional teams and elite international athletes over several Olympic Games cycles; his research interests are borne from his work in high performance sport. His main interests are in progressively overloading rehabilitation and training programs, ensuring athletes skills are maintained under pressure and fatigue, and preparing athletes for the most demanding passages of play. Tim continues to work as a sport science consultant and advisor for several professional teams and high performance organisations around the world.
He is committed to providing ‘real world’ support for coaches and athletes. To contact Tim visit www.gabbettperformance.com
- This "Pain to Performance” Workshop will take place on Thursday 3rd October 2019, 6.30pm – 9.30pm, Lecture Room, at the new Kerry Sports Academy building located in the North Campus at IT Tralee.
- The cost to attend is €50