Notice from Croke Park & the HSE
It is urged that all GAA clubs with private water supplies should:
- Make sure their supply is on the local authority register, as these supplies must be regulated under the Drinking Water Regulations 2014.
- Follow the advice of the Environmental Protection Agency to make sure their well is properly protected, maintained and if necessary treated. Well water should be tested at least once a year.
- If you are concerned about your well water, contact your local authority or your HSE Environmental Health Officer for advice. If you suspect that your water may be contaminated it is advisable to boil your water or use bottled water until you have had your well water tested.
In addition all clubs should;
- regularly clean all toilets, including the flush handle taps and toilet doors
- clean and disinfect surfaces immediately if anyone has an episode of vomiting or diarrhoea
- make sure that clean hand-washing facilities are available to all players, children and staff
- liquid soap and disposable hand towels should be available in all toilets.