Club Championship 2019
Please note the following rules and regulations in relation to this year’s Club Championship -
- The top 4 ranked teams will be seeded at the Group stages of the Intermediate, Junior Premier & Junior Club Championships
- The Senior Club Championship Draw remains the same as last year i.e. an open draw with no seeding.
- The Junior Club Championship Draw is as per last year in relation to the preliminary games – ie the bottom four ranked teams as per 2018 SFL tables – play-off in straight knock-out games to see which two teams qualify for the Group Stages. The four teams involved in 2019 will be: Sneem/Derrynane, Tuosist, Kilgarvan & Knocknagoshel
- The draw for the Group Stages for 2019 will be changed from 2018 – only draw for Round 1 will take place and fixtures for Round 2 & Round 3 will be determined by the results of Round 1 games i.e. Round 1 winners will avoid each other in Round 2. This is to avoid ‘dead rubber’ games in Round 3 as happened last year.
- The first Round 1 winners drawn in Rd 2 will have home venue, while the second Round 1 winners drawn in Round 2 will be away. This will ensure all teams have one home, one away and one neutral venue. Where a draw occurs in Round 1 then an open draw in Round 2 will suffice.
- Venues – As per 2018 All clubs will when required be obliged to provide their venue for neutral games. Note the following change from last year. Where a club is unable to provide their venue for a neutral game and is unable to source an alternative venue that would be deemed suitable by the CCC, they will automatically concede home venue for their own home game. Clubs are asked to ensure their grounds committee is made aware of this condition so that they can plan any pitch maintenance accordingly.