Junior Cups 2018
The CCC invites interested clubs to enter team(s) in 2018 Junior Football Cup Competitions i.e. Molyneaux Cup, McElligott Cup, Barrett Cup and Cahill Cup by Thursday 9th August.
Clubs / teams should only enter Cup competition with the full intention of participating and adhering to the fixture schedule as per Eolaire 2018. All games are to be played to a conclusion on fixture date. It’s proposed to commence Competitions on Friday 17th / 24th August and run on a knock out basis during August / September. Fixtures are scheduled for Friday evenings - 17th, 24th, 31st August, 7th, 14th & 21st September – No postponements allowed!
The following players are ineligible for the 2018 Junior Cup Competitions;
* First 15 as approved by respective Divisional Board and forward to Co. Board, (first 30 in the case of “C” teams),
* Any player who started in this year’s (2018) Senior football or any of the Club Championship games, i.e. Senior Club, Intermediate, Junior Premier and Junior Championships. (Note: a player coming on as a substitute is free to play).
* Any player who played for their Divisional / Group team in this year’s Senior Football Championship,
* Players who have played inter county football at any level during 2018.
* Under 17 players not allowed play Adult competitions as per rule.
Clubs who wish to enter 2 teams in the Junior Cups the following apply:
* Any player who plays (starts or comes on as a sub) in this year’s Molyneaux Cup cannot subsequently play in a lesser Cup competition i.e. McElligott, Barrett or Cahill cups.
* B team must play their Rd 1 game before C team plays. If B team concedes a walkover in Rd 1 game – C team is automatically removed from competition.