A round-up on the Junior Leagues and Junior Cup details
The Junior Leagues
Group Finals; all games at 7.30pm Extra time applies
Group 1 Thursday 2nd August
Final; John Mitchels v Killarney Legion at John Mitchels pitch
Group 2 Friday 3rd August
Final; Glenbeigh/Glencar v Annascaul in Milltown
Group 5 Friday 3rd August
Final; Listry v St. Mls. Foilmore at the JP O’Sullivan Park Killorglin
Group 6 Friday 3rd August
Final; Clounmacon v Currow in Knocknagoshel
Group 7 Friday 3rd August
Final; Ballymacelligott v Churchill at Na Gaeil pitch
Group 4 Semi Final; Dingle C (home) v Listowel Emmets - Wed. 1st Aug.
Junior Cups 2018
The CCC invites interested clubs to enter team(s) in 2018 Junior Football Cup Competitions i.e. Molyneaux Cup, McElligott Cup, Barrett Cup and Cahill Cup by Thursday 9th August. Clubs / teams should only enter Cup competition with the full intention of participating and adhering to the fixture schedule (No Postponements) as per Eolaire 2018.
All games are to be played to a conclusion on the fixture date. It’s proposed to commence Competitions on Friday 17th / 24th August and run on a knock out basis during August / September. Fixtures are scheduled for Friday evenings - 17th, 24th, 31st August, 7th, 14th & 21st September. The CCC decides on the Cup Competition in which teams will compete.
The following players are ineligible for the 2018 Junior Cup Competitions;
* First 15 as approved by respective Divisional Board and forward to Co. Board, (first 30 in the case of “C” teams),
* Any player who started in this year’s (2018) Senior football or any of the Club Championship games, i.e. Senior Club, Intermediate, Junior Premier and Junior Championships. (Note: a player coming on as a substitute is free to play).
* Any player who played for their Divisional / Group team in this year’s S.F. Championship,
* Players who have played inter county football at any level during 2018.
* Under 17 players not allowed play Adult competitions as per rule.
Clubs who wish to enter 2 teams in the Junior Cups the following apply:
* Any player who plays (starts or comes on as a sub) in this year’s Molyneaux Cup cannot subsequently play in a lesser Cup competition i.e. McElligott, Barrett or Cahill cups.
* B team must play their Rd 1 game before C team plays. If B team concedes a walkover in Rd 1 game – C team is automatically removed from competition.
N.B. Closing date for Entries is Thursday, August 9th