County Committee Meeting
The first County Committee meeting of the year was held last Monday night. The following items were discussed -
- Padraig Boyle and Fionn Fitzgerald were ratified as Senior Hurling and Senior Football Captains respectively.
- Tommy Griffin and James Foley were ratified as U17 selectors, while Brendan Cummins, Ian Brick and Brian Culbert were ratified as Senior Hurling Selectors.
- Tomás Ó hAiniféin was congratulated on his new role as Cumann na mBunscol Munster Chairman.
- The fixture calendar for 2018 was approved.
- Delegates voted to seed teams in the Club Championship (except Senior) based on last year’s semi-finalists plus the team relegated from a higher grade.
- Delegates voted (31-25) to play Round 11 of the Credit Union SFL (only if Kerry are in an All-Ireland Football Final) on the weekend of October 14th with Intercounty players available.
- Delegates voted (26-23) to split Division 5 of the Credit Union SFL into two groups to accommodate two ‘B’ teams wishing to take part.
- The draw for the club championships will be made next week live on Kerry GAA TV.
All-Ireland Homecoming Protocol Decided
At last Monday night’s County Committee meeting, the topic of All Ireland homecomings was raised by the Chairman. The new procedures are to ensure that this topic would not become a topic of distraction if we were fortunate enough to be preparing for an All Ireland Senior and/or U17 Final going forward. The protocol agreed upon by delegates will remain the policy for the foreseeable years.
- Where Kerry Seniors are in the Final and win and regardless of whether the Minor Team is involved or not and if involved whether they win, lose or draw: the Status Quo applies (i.e. stops in Rathmore, Tralee & Killarney in that order)
- Where Kerry Seniors are in the Final and lose and regardless of whether the Minor Team is involved or not and if involved whether they win, lose or draw: one stop to be rotated between Tralee & Killarney
- Where Kerry Minors (only) are in the Final (Win or Lose): Venue will rotate annually between Tralee and Killarney. The County Board and Captain’s Club will co-ordinate one homecoming event where feasible.