When nominations closed on Friday evening at 5pm, six of the outgoing officers of Kerry County Board had been returned un-opposed for another term in advance of Annual Convention at the Gleneagle Hotel, Killarney on Monday December 11th next.
They are as follows:
CATHAOIRLEACH: Tim Murphy (Brosnach)
LEAS-CATHAOIRLEACH: Diarmuid Ó Sé (Piarsaigh na Dromada)
RÚNAÍ & CLÁRAITHEOIR: Peter Twiss – BY APPOINTMENT
CISTEOIR: Dermot Lynch (Abha Na Scáil)
ÁRD-COMHAIRLE: John Joe Carroll (Easa Dubh)
OIFIGEACH FORBARTHA: Eamonn Whelan (Naomh Seanain)
OIFIGEACH OILIÚNA: Terence Houlihan (Fanuithe na Leamhna)
OIFIGEACH CAIDREAMH POIBLÍ:
Leona Twiss, being the only nominee, is set to be become Public Relations Officer at Convention.
OIFIGEACH LEANAÍ: The Children's Officer is appointed on the recommendation of the outgoing County Committee.
The terms of five serving officers will come to an end at Convention due to the "5 year rule" while two other officers will vacate their positions at Convention.
Nominations have been received for the following posts and those nominated have until Monday evening at 5pm to confirm their nominations.
COMHAIRLE NA MUMHAN: (2)
7 Officer Posts become vacant at Co. Convention
The Annual Convention of Kerry GAA will be held on Mon 11thDecember @ 7.30pm in the Gleneagle Hotel, Killarney.
7 vacant Officer posts will have to be filled at Convention – 5 of the outgoing Officers will vacate their positions due to the “5 Year Rule” and 2 more are stepping down from their positions.
Enclosed is a list of Officers for 2017.
- Christy Killeen (Munster Council Delegate) having completed his 5 year term, will be stepping down from this position.
- Joe Crowley (Munster Council Delegate) having completed his 5 year term, will be stepping down from this position.
- John O’Leary (P.R.O.) having completed his 5 year term, will be stepping down from this position.
- Leona Twiss Ui Bhriain (Oifigeach Gaeilge & Cultúir) having completed her 5 year term, will be stepping down from this position.
- Ger McCarthy (Hurling Officer) having completed his 5 year term, will be stepping down from this position.
- Stephen O Sullivan (Assistant Secretary) has indicated that he will be vacating this position.
- Paudie Dineen (Assistant Treasurer) has indicated that he will be vacating this position.
As always all officerships can be contested at each Convention with the exception of Runaí (full time position) and Childrens’ Officer (On the appointment of the outgoing County Committee).
The following dates apply for Convention:
Nominations and Motions – Returned no later than 5.00pm Fri 10th November 2017.
Nominations - All those nominated will have until 5pm Monday 13th November to confirm if they wish to contest positions.
Motions - for consideration by the County Convention; “A motion from a Club shall have been approved by an Annual or Special General Meeting of the Club and the date of such meeting shall be shown on the motion paper.” Rule 3.14 Motions (second paragraph) OG 2017.
Note: This Rule does not apply to motions for consideration by Co Committee.
Motions re internal Competitions will be dealt with at the November Meeting of County Committee which has been put back by a week to November 27th to allow clubs additional time to formulate motions. These motions re internal fixtures and competitions for 2018 have a new deadline for their return which is now Friday 17th November at 5pm.
All nominations must be signed by Club Runaí & returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to: Runaí, Coiste Chontae Chiarraí, Pairc Aibhistin de Staic, Trá Lí, Co. Chiarraí.